Click on video above to see this information as a YouTube video.
How To Find A Charlotte Marketing Agency That’s Right For Your Business
Why It’s Important To Choose The Right Charlotte Marketing Agency
- Marketing is a skill and expertise that can help any business get more customers, increase sales and improve your brand image
- However there are over 50 different kinds of marketing, and deciding which one(s) are right for you and your budget can be a challenge
- For the business owner or entrepreneur, choosing the right marketing agency can make a big difference in the financial success of your company
- A good marketing-agency relationship can and should last for many years
- Just as you need a good CPA firm to help with your finances, you need a good marketing firm to help with your marketing and growth – but how to choose?
First, Understand What Marketing Is
- Marketing involves a wide range of internal and external activities designed to help your business promote and sell its products and services to customers or markets
- A true marketing agency provides marketing research and strategy, public relations, advertising, graphic design, internet marketing, SEO, consulting services and more
- Advertising agencies are more focused on paid advertising in broadcast and print media, and the combination of their services and paid media can be quite expensive
- Public relations agencies are more focused on getting publicity for your business in the media, including newspapers, magazines, TV, radio, online, newsletters and more
- Internet marketing and web design firms are more focused on creating and maintaining your website, and may offer email marketing or Internet advertising as well
- The advantage of a true marketing agency is that it does all these things and more, able to meet your various needs as they arise and evolve over time
How To Choose Your Marketing Agency
- There are hundreds of different marketing, advertising, PR and web design agencies in the Charlotte area, ranging from very large to very small
- In general it’s a good idea to look for a marketing agency whose size is relative to your business size – not the same size as yours, but relative
- For example if you have fewer than 100 employees, a marketing agency with 2 to 10 people can probably take care of your needs just fine
- However if you have a big company with over 1,000 employees and a large marketing budget, you definitely need a large marketing or advertising agency
- For a list of the 25 largest marketing-ad agencies in the Charlotte area, you can purchase the Book of Lists from the Charlotte Business Journal, which updates the list annually
Some Key Questions To Ask
Here are some key questions to ask marketing agency representatives you might meet with:
- Does your agency have experience in my industry or field of business?
- How long has your agency been in business and what are some accomplishments?
- Who would actually work on my account?
- Do you have current staff capacity for what I need?
- What are your agency’s core values?
- How do you charge for your services?
- What do you do to ensure my satisfaction as a client?
- How can you help my business succeed and prosper overall?
How Much Does It Cost?
- Marketing is one of those things where you can spend an unlimited amount of money, especially if you get into TV or other media advertising
- A good rule of thumb developed by marketing experts is that your total external marketing budget (not including your own staff or overhead) should range between 1% and 10% of your expected annual sales
- The lower the cost of your product or service, the higher the percentage, and vice versa
- For example if you were projecting annual sales of $300,000, a reasonable annual marketing budget would be in the range of $3,000 to $30,000. Since you can’t do much with $3,000 a year, somewhere in the middle would probably be reasonable
Personal Chemistry And Caring
- Websites might convey something about the personality of the marketing agencies, but to get a real feel for the people, you need to meet with them
- Don’t hesitate to call them and ask for an introductory meeting, which should be free
- Expect them to ask you some questions about your business, and you might have questions for them too
- When you meet in person, tell them about your needs and ideas in terms of marketing services, see how they respond and how you feel about them – is the chemistry good?
- A true caring professional will not say “Sure, anything you want” but will ask probing questions to make sure they understand your business and recommend only what is best for you.
Asking for Proposals
- Once you’ve spoken with one or more marketing agency leaders and have narrowed your list down to the ones you feel good about, ask them for a proposal
- If you want only one project, a simple proposal should be fine, outlining scope, cost and other parameters
- If you want a whole marketing program involving more than one marketing projects or services, a longer proposal will be needed to outline the program elements and costs
- But don’t settle automatically for the low bidder. Quality services cost more, so you have to use your judgment and intuition to weigh all the factors before deciding
- There’s an important saying: “Long after the price is forgotten, the quality lingers on.”
- Customers want to do business with quality companies, and quality marketing is an excellent investment.
A Charlotte Marketing Agency That May Be Right For You
- This information has been presented by Lawrimore Inc., a Charlotte marketing agency specializing in serving small to mid-size businesses for over 25 years
- We are a true marketing agency, providing all the marketing services you need, now or in the future
- We are skilled in understanding how your business works and how to attract more customers, whether your business is basic or technical
- We genuinely care about each client and have strong core values
- We are flexible in developing cost-effective programs for a wide range of budgets, and will recommend only what we believe is truly best for you
- Use the online contact form right on this page, or call 704-332-4344 to start a conversation
- We look forward to meeting you and helping you grow your business!